Wednesday, June 30, 2010

The Irish Pubs, Irish Music, and "The Warewolf"

Hello followers,

Its been a couple days since my last post, and I've settled into Galway nicely. The past couple of nights I (along with the group that I'm studying with) adventured into the city of Galway... it's so different than the States. The people are so friendly; everybody says "thank you" and are very approachable if you need any help or guidance regarding city excursions.

The first night we went to this pub that specializes in music; at every hour on the hour, the "common man" can interrupt the band for a piece of his own... One man "sang" his piece which was about a "warewolf" and ended with how the "warewolf" enjoyed ripping off a woman's clothes.... very amusing to say the least.

Tonight after dinner, we went to the King's Head Pub for a drink. King's Head was established in 1649; very historical and quaint in there. It was nice b/c they had live music again.

Tomorrow I have my second day of class, and Friday-Sunday is Dublin weekend. Check in soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment